I’m sorry to make this such a short post, but with thefoulline.com war room up and running for tonight’s draft, resources are running low. So here are a few quick hits.
- The Sox split their Japan series with the A’s. Considering that they traveled across the world for this goodwill tour and still walked away with a win, it’s not too shabby. Plus, there are now a million Japanese fans who are part of Red Sox Nation.
- Maybe it’s time for John Henry to create Red Sox World.
- Jon Lester consistently pitches well for the Sox, but he always seems to give up a 3-run home run. Hopefully this will change with experience.
- J.D. drew loves to toy with fans’ expectations of him. He teased us with 7 RBIs in the first two games, then pulled a typical Drew move and removed himself from the opener with “back stiffness.” It’s a long season, he’s going to need to play with a few aches and pains eventually. But why would this season be any different?
- I wouldn’t take J.D. Drew in the 20th round of the fantasy draft. Dylan can have him.
- What type of bizarro world are we in when Julio Lugo and Brandon Moss are looking great, and Big Papi and Jason Varitek look like it’s their first day of spring training?
- Did Manny’s early success at the plate leap frog him into a first-round draft pick?
- There is still an outside chance the Sox will go 161-1.
- Did you hear about Jose Canseco’s new book? He claims that A-Rod was constantly hitting on Canseco’s wife. I hope no one tells this to Derek Jeter. I wouldn’t want him to get jealous.
- Brandon Moss was optioned to Triple A Pawtucket today. Something tells me he’ll be back.
- I guarantee that I will not pick any Yankees under any circumstances in tonight’s draft.
Just to echo “The Commissioner” Matt McLaughlin, let’s all have fun this season. Good Luck.