Well foulliners, week 2 is in the books and it’s still anyone’s game. With the exception of the Love Boat Captains’ stomping Roger’s Syringe, there were some really good head-to-head games. It seemed like all the teams were matched up really well, and scoring went down to the wire. So without further adieu, here is thefoulline.com fantasy baseball league week in review. Teams are in no particular order.
- My Best Efforts: These guys jumped out to a big lead this week, only to falter on Sunday. They suffered a big blow when Dontrelle Willis went down with a knee injury and -2 points, but this is still a solid team with a 1-1 record.
- The Showstoppers: Breaking News!! Matt finally dealt for a catcher. Unfortunately for the commish, his team fell to a determined Chickenheads team this week. This team is in a little bit of a transition this week after dealing away Jeff Francoeur, Jered Weaver, and Scott Kazmir, but new additions Michael Young, Carlos Gomez and Ivan Rodriguez should provide a spark to the always-potent Showstoppers lineup.
- Love Boat Captains: OK, who invited the girl? Team LBC was a force to be reckoned with this week, with a dominant performance over Roger’s Syringe. This contest was pretty much over by Wednesday. The rich got richer this week, as LBC added the hot-hitting Justin Upton. What’s next for this team after hitting the 400-point mark is anyone’s guess.
- YankeeHaters: My team resembled a M.A.S.H unit this week, as it seemed every key player spent time on the bench nursing an injury. Victor Martinez, Jimmy Rollins, Chipper Jones, and Rich Harden all missed time. My itchy trigger finger was active again this week, as I dealt away Manny Ramirez, Kevin Youkilis, B.J. Upton, Michael Young, and Carloz Gomez. I’m counting on new additions Pat Burrell, Derek Lee, and Franciso Rodriguez to pick up the slack this week. But even with the big shakeup, Yankeehaters improved to 2-0.
- Roger’s Syringe: This team took their butt kicking and came out the other side better for it. RS made some solid moves today to improve his lineup and actually play with the full 16 guys. These guys are only gonna get better this year. Consider yourself warned.
- Chickenheads: Another impressive performance this week from the Chickenheads. This team is never content to stay pat and proved it once again by dealing away Cole Hamels and Mr. Fukudome. In what may be the best game going, Chickenheads play the Boston Braves this week.
- Bostonbad boys: The two old guys of the league had a fierce up-and-down battle going all week long as the Bad Boys fell to the Boston Braves. With a solid pitching staff already in place, if these guys improve their outfield they’ll be a tough team week in and week out. It should also be noted that my dad was finally able to log back in. What this means, I have no idea.
- Boston Braves: In what may be the deal of the century, BB fleeced the Yankeehaters by adding the potent Manny Ramirez to their lineup. The two-headed monster of Ryan Howard and Man-Ram looks great on paper, but we’ll see how this works out when Manny gets a hang nail and misses some time. With that being said, this team is a quality starting pitcher away from being in serious contention.
- SarasotaRedRays: These guys have been flying under the radar the first two weeks and have quietly gone 2-0. When Big Papi starts hitting again, this team could go on a tear. I’m thinking this sleeping giant may wake up soon and make some deals.
What are your thoughts on another exciting week?