Basketball is boring, the NHL has too many foreign players whose names I can’t pronounce, and the NFL may not be around for a 2011 season. And that is why Major League Baseball is the best of the professional sports. 30 teams, all with a chance to win the World Series. 162 games that matter. Fresh-cut grass. Cold beer. Keeping score… and oh yeah, fantasy baseball.
- I can’t believe that I made a “don’t draft” list and didn’t include Grady Sizemore. I hate that bastard, and his one good knee.
- It’s nice to see the Chicago Cubs in mid-season form. It’s the first week of games and they’re already fighting each other in the dugout.
- Carl Crawford’s batting average has soared to .167 after collecting two hits today. The flood gates are officially open.
- Speaking of mid-season form, Dice K gave up 7 runs in today’s game. That’s $100 million well spent.
- I want to see a race between Jacoby Ellsbury & Carl Crawford. The loser has to bat lead-off.
- I just scored two tickets for the Rays-Red Sox game this week, 5th row behind home plate. This spring is shaping up nicely.
- After watching the aging Yankees last night, Robinson Cano is their only player that scares me. That guy is stupid good. He’s the best second baseman in the league… By a lot!
- Just when you think a player is a total scumbag, he runs into your daughter’s first grade teacher and her son at Publix, poses for pictures, and gives the kid an autographed bat… I guess that’s just Manny being Manny. Classy move.
- I’m really happy to see that our league has 10 teams signed up, although I’m not sure what a “bostobadboy” is.
- Dont sleep on the Atlanta Braves this year. If one of their Billy Wagner replacements pitches well, watch out.
- I actually traded Hanley Ramirez and David Price for Ryan Howard and a scrub pitcher last year. How’d I make the playoffs?
- If you want a good laugh, YouTube Dustin Pedroia and watch any interview he does. The guy is a character.
- Is Buster Posey the first catcher taken in the draft?
- Can’t wait for Opening Day. Although I’m dreading that I have to listen to Dewayne Staats call Rays games.
- Fact: 3 weeks until draft time, and two-time defending fantasy baseball champion Love Boat Captains has yet to research the first player or do a mock draft. Why am I still scared?