Holy cow, that was a long first week of fantasy baseball! I think we can all agree that a seven-day game week is preferable to the 11-day marathon. Congrats to the teams that won. Good luck this week!
- Trades in fantasy baseball are a crazy thing. Sometimes there are obvious winners and losers. Other times times one team gets absolutely crushed. An example of this would be yours truly trading Alex Rodriguez and C.J. Wilson for Cole Hamels and Justin Upton. I drafted A-Rod in the 4th round of our draft, and I was happy with the pick. I think he’s going to have a monster season. But every time I saw him up to bat, I was wishing that he would take a fastball in his earhole. I think it’s important to have a fantasy team made up of players that are not only good but also fun to watch. I think Hamels and J. Upton are two of those guys. A-Rod never will be.
- The Yankeehaters were getting crushed this week. I traded A-Rod and my team’s performance turned around the next day. Karma? Perhaps. Either way — good riddance.
- The 8th inning experiment with star closer Rafael Soriano is not going well. Some guys are just meant to pitch in the 9th inning. Oh well, it’s only $35 million.
- B.J. Upton’s real name is Melvin.
- There’s an appendicitis epidemic sweeping through baseball. I’m going to have mine prematurely removed so it doesn’t potentially affect my playoff run in fantasy baseball.
- Manny Ramirez is a total scumbag. Joe Maddon and the Rays players supported him 100%. Manny repays this support by lying to them and then getting busted using steroids for the second time. Good riddance.
- Sam Fuld makes a great defensive play every game.
- The LBCs have been snakebit in the first week of our season. Don’t write her off quite yet. She’ll still make the playoffs.
- Thanks Chefdick for dropping Edwin Jackson. He’s looking great so far.
- The once-proud Cleveland Indians fan base was totally absent in the series against the Red Sox. There was an average attendance of about 5000 fans per game. Didn’t they used to own the consecutive sellout streak?
- Scoring the second most points in the league and losing is one of the frustrations of playing in a head-to-head league. Sorry, Chefdick.
- Jered Weaver: 3 games, 3 wins, 9 hits allowed, 85.5 points. Wow!
The Foul Line Fantasy Baseball Power Rankings
- Yankeehaters: 541 points! I think that might be a world record
- chefdicks11: Some tough injuries down the stretch hurt. Playing the Yankeehaters hurt even more.
- RedRays: Put up a ton of points and crushed the two-time defending champ.
- bostobadboys: If Josh Beckett continues his great pitching, the BBB will be tough all year long.
- Rays Those Cowbells: Dan made some great trades this week. I anticipate RTC climbing up the rankings this week.
- Sam’s Baseball Train: Solid from top to bottom. Sam is going to win more than he loses this year.
- Love Boat Captains: This week was a fluke. Her team is better than their week-1 performance.
- WILLIS Be The Year: Pitching is pretty awful. If he addresses that, he could bounce back. He’s still 1-0.
- ToPpIn Da ChArTz: Losing Longoria was a big reason he lost this week. I look forward to A-Rod getting injured on your team this year.
- UNsportsmanMike: 295.5 points in an 11-day week? Really?