Week 20 brought with it our first official clinching of a spot in the playoffs. Team Yankeehaters did what they needed to do and gutted out a victory and will now be playing late September baseball. Congratulations to you.
Elsewhere around the league, losses by team sportsmanMike and the Love Boat Captains continue to tighten things up. The race for the final two playoff spots is getting really really tight. It’s looking like this thing won’t be completely settled until the final week of the season. Let’s get to some rankings.
Week Twenty One Power Rankings
1) Yankeehaters- His spot in the final four now assured, Dave can relax and focus on the upcoming fantasy football draft until the playoffs start. I’ve been there before myself, nothing like having a few stress free weeks when you clinch early.
2) WillisBeTheYear- Is the dominance back? A complete waxing of sportsmanMike. He looks like he’s gearing up for another hot streak, but this one could end in a league championship.
3) sportsmanMike- Still okay… For now. If he wins two of his last three, he’ll get in. I know for a fact that Mike wants his first ever playoff appearance so badly. No team is under more pressure in these final three weeks. A Rays Those Cowbells victory over Panda the Hammer this week would help his cause exponentially.
4) Love Boat Captains- I mean what can you really say, she put up 360 and lost. Is Zack Greinke and Jake Arrieta the best pitching combo ever in our league? The two guys just never give up runs. It’s kind of absurd honestly. Still has the easiest schedule of all the contenders but can’t be feeling comfortable anymore.
5) Rays Those Cowbells- Still going 100 MPH in my desperate late season charge. I’m now only one game back, but I’ve been playing with zero margin of error for two months now. What happens when you burn a candle at both ends for too long? I hope I don’t find out until the season ends.
6) Panda the Hammer- Another team that has been on a mega hot streak and gotten himself back into it. He has even less margin of error than I do. Has one of the toughest remaining schedules of all the contenders. Could really help himself by closing the points scored gap on Mike in the final three weeks. He could still catch him in total points and steal a tiebreaker.
7) Stogies- The longest of long shots. His low point total kills him because he can’t win any tiebreakers. Would need to win out and have the Love Boat Captains and Rays Those Cowbells both lose at least twice. But hey, hope is hope, right?
8) RedRays- Not mathematically eliminated yet, but I’m not sure of the scenario it would take to get him in. Max Scherzer’s stunning decline took him right out of it. It reminds me of the infamous Tim Lincecum meltdown in August of 2010 that sunk my season. Dave still reminds me of that to this day.
9) The October Boys- That dismal performance officially closes the book on the October Boys. I think I said this before, but having three guys in the Yankees crappy rotation on your team is what did you in. Next year, go with your head over your heart a little bit more and you’ll be in great shape.
10) Believe The Hype- Honestly hope he still cares enough to set a great lineup and try to beat Ginger in Week 24. That’s all I got. It’s been a nightmare season for Allan.
Game of the Week
Panda the Hammer vs Rays Those Cowbells
The #5 and #6 teams in the standings face off in what is basically an elimination game.
The Final Four
Good luck to everyone in Week 22.