What a crazy week! And more specifically, what a crazy weekend. At least it was for me. I apologize for the weekly power rankings being late, so if you don’t mind, lets just get right into it before we waste any more time!
Week Seven Power Rankings
1) WillisBeTheYear- For the first time all year, we have a change at the top. Willis gets a huge win in our game of the week and takes over the lead in the Fried Chicken division. Now take a second and consider facing this team when Jose Fernandez returns. Scared yet?
2) Love Boat Captains- Ginger had her worst week of the season, by far. But this is just a blip. I feel badly for whoever has to play her this week. Indeed, she’s already up 15 over The October Boys.
3) RedRays- Another week where the “good” RedRays show up and destroy their opponent. This week it just happened to be the #1 team in the league. I’m going to be keeping a close eye on his matchup this week with team Stogies. I still wanna see this team put together two great weeks in a row.
4) Yankeehaters- Another close loss for team Yankeehaters. Dave worked his usual magic this past week and brought Felix Hernandez into the fold. Although I seem to remember a post from thefoulline.com past where Dave expressed his desire to never have King Felix on one of his fantasy teams. Hmm
5) Panda the Hammer- This was a tough week to rank, because all the teams sitting 5-7 lost. Sam had a tough 3 point loss to sportsmanMike this week, and Johnny Cueto appears to be at a crossroads with his arm. This will be a really telling next few weeks for Sam.
6) The October Boys- Outside of Mike Trout, The October Boys lineup was pretty awful this week. I’m not crazy about this teams infield, with guys like Mark Trumbo and Howie Kendrick, but it doesn’t help that Troy Tulowitzki has fallen short of being his elite usual self all season long. With a tough game against the Love Boat Captains looming, it could be a rough few weeks for Dennis.
7) sportsmanMike- Mike returned from Greece to find that he had toughed out a close three point victory over Panda the Hammer. The Goldschmidt, Kipnis, and Sale triumvirate continues to be money in the bank. The injuries to his outfield are significant right now. We’ll see Mike’s skill as an owner over the next few weeks as he navigates this rough injury patch.
8) Rays Those Cowbells- Should I send Carlos Frias a thank you card? His -17 debacle put me in position to steal a victory I desperately needed. Stephen Strasburg continues to rip my season to shreds with every outing. I finally benched him, so the Nationals will enjoy his best start of the year I’m sure.
9) Stogies- Had a great week thrown into the garbage by one pitcher. Probably deserved a better fate. Yordano Ventura might end up being a steal off the waiver wire. I still say he has the best offense in the league.
10) Believe The Hype- Is Allan finally ready to get on a roll? Big game with team Yankeehaters coming. Lets see if our champion can get his first winning streak of the season. He filled several holes with trades this week, and in a typical Allan fashion, traded Danny Salazar to me only hours after trading for him himself. Maybe that’s how he gets his swagger back.
Game of the Week
The October Boys vs Love Boat Captains
Both these teams are coming off bad losses with low point totals. I expect a ton of points and a really close game in this one.
Good luck to everyone in Week 8!
Side note: If you’ve never been to Turner Field in Atlanta, please go before they tear it down in a few years. It’s a stunning ballpark and is well worth the trip.