Where are all the points?
Only two teams were able to crack the magical 300 point barrier this week, and unfortunately for Allan, they both came in the same game. Equally as strange was that our “Game of the Weak” was a scoring onslaught that produced the highest combined point total of the season. Fantasy Baseball is a strange game isn’t it?
Forgive me for being brief, but it just recently stopped raining for the first time in 45 days and I have things I need to get done before it starts back up again, starting with these rankings! So let’s get to it.
Week Seventeen Power Rankings
1) WillisBeTheYear- Escaped with a one point win in a game that nearly led to him having a nervous breakdown on Sunday afternoon. Some chinks in the armor for our #1 team? Two performances in a row below his lofty standards.
2) Yankeehaters- Added another win, but it wasn’t pretty. That’s two wins in a row with under 285 points scored. That kind of luck can’t last forever, and he’ll need to crack 300 points if he wants to beat a team that can score like Rays Those Cowbells.
3) Love Boat Captains- With the Beer Division securely in hand at the moment, this team can focus on getting healthy before entering the playoffs. Stanton and Rendon will be needed down the stretch.
4) sportsmanMike- Things aren’t going as swimmingly as they were in the past few months, but this team will be okay. I don’t think there will be a lot of weeks where Chris Sale is the worst player in his lineup.
5) Stogies- Now we come to the gaggle of teams with under .500 records. This is probably the most talented of the 8-9 teams. He still hasn’t had Felix Hernandez and Cole Hamels gel in the same week. You have to think that will change going forward.
6) RedRays- Snapped a losing streak, but wasn’t very impressive in doing so. Losing Miguel Cabrera sent this team into a nosedive it just never recovered from. Tough break.
7) Panda the Hammer- Had a winning streak derailed by mediocre offense, but when you have Mike Moustakas, Torii Hunter and Ben Revere in your lineup, what can you expect? The piling up on early pitching and leaving your offense to chance strategy has run it’s course.
8) Rays Those Cowbells- Bar none the best 6-11 team in our league’s history. It’s a real shame this team will miss the playoffs, because I think this roster could win it all if it got there.
9) The October Boys- Took a really tough loss this week to pile on to a frustrating season. This team’s heart destroyed it, not it’s head. Relying so much on his beloved Yankees starting pitchers derailed him. Pineda and Tanaka have been inconsistent disappointments all year long, and he traded Bryce Harper to get Tanaka. Ouch.
10) Believe The Hype- It’s almost over Allan. Then football starts.
Game of the Week
WillisBeTheYear vs Love Boat Captains
Our division leaders square off for playoff positioning.
Good luck to everyone in Week 18.